With all of the different opinions about face oils I bet you’ve been left wondering does facial oils clog pores?This story is going to debunk a lot of myths and assumptions about applying oil to acne prone skin. Oils act as a protective barrier for the skin. Immediately after applying moisturizing products the environment begins to steal them from your skin. Applying an oil as the last step in your skin care regimen is incredibly beneficial. Face oils are the secret weapon for glowing clear skin.
Facial oils do NOT clog pores. It is logical to assume face oils clog pores. However, they actually do the opposite. Face oils form a barrier for the skin, locking moisture in and keeping debris out. Clogged pores are caused by blockages like dead skin. Unlike obstructions, the skin is able to absorb face oils. Face oils are good for break outs.
Sunday Riley is the facial oil gods! Their face oils are pure and will leave the skin glowing. Sunday Riley’s oils are bountiful with antioxidants, vitamins, and other ingredients that promote healthy skin.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
- Clears congested pores; treats and prevents acne and blackheads.
- Help purify the skin and supports clarity.
- Naturally brighten the appearance of dark spots.
- Promotes even skin tone.
- Gives your skin a healthy glow and replenishes its moisture barrier with Omega-6.
- Helps seal the skin with a protective barrier to keep it from losing moisture, making the skin soft and supple.
- Helps alleviate dehydration and boost radiance.
- Helps to combat the signs of congested skin.
- Supports elasticity with beta-carotene. Improves the appearance of the complexion.
- Wonderful for soothing the look of redness.
- Plumps fine lines.
- Powerful source of ALA, which helps minimize the appearance of lines.
Although oils are necessary for all skin types, some oils aren’t good facial oils. The skin on the body is thicker. Coco butter and coconut oil are amazing body oils, but these oils will definitely clog pores on the face.
SHOP THIS STORY
About the Author, KiKi Carr
- Cosmetic Formulations Chemist
- Licensed Aesthetician
- Makeup Artist