I went from an 18 to an 8 without counting calories, measuring food or any of the other common weight loss tactics. I know what you’re thinking, that I must have went super hard in the gym. NOPE! I did one thing, I decided I was going to lose weight. PERIOD! The fastest way to lose weight is to decide you are going to lose weight.
I changed my mindset from giving into my flesh to being in control of me. Self control is the absolute hardest thing in the world to master. I continue to struggle with self control to this very day. And you know what, that is ok. Change and discipline is never “achieved”. It is something we all must work at day in and day out.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Some of the things I did and DO to help me on my weight loss journey:
- Control my portion
- I think we all have been conditioned to finish our plate. We have been trained that not eating everything on our plate is being wasteful. It isn’t lol. We can’t save the world, only ourselves.
- Increase my water intake
- Water helps you to feel full for longer, it flushes toxins, and curbs the appetite. In addition women in particular carry a-lot of water weight. Adding more water reduces water weight.
- Chose healthier options
- My absolute favorite snack is chips! I love to mix different kinds in a big bowl and go to town! I replaced chips with popcorn and nuts. Sometimes I have veggie straws. But in moderation.
Whenever I want some “candy” I eat a couple of these Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies. These gummies are appetite suppressants.
Deciding to be disciplined is hard. Choosing to be disciplined is hard. Remaining disciplined is hard.
Life is hard. We all suffer. The great thing is we get to choose who and what we are going to suffer for. One secret is when ever I decide to change my body my whole life changes. It seems like God rewards my efforts. I workout 5 days a week, Mon – Fri for 30 mins. I try not to skip because skipping one day often turns into 2 days .. 2 weeks .. 2 months.
Don’t wait until tomorrow, next week, next month or next year to make your health a priority. Click the link to get your beginners weight loss plan and free video on how to keep it off!
SHOP THIS POST
Diet Works ACV Gummies
- Helps Bloat
- Naturally Alkalizing For Digestive Health
- Supports Water Balance And Weight Loss
About the Author, KiKi Carr
- Clear Skin Expert
- Licensed Aesthetician
- Cosmetic Formulator
- Makeup Artist